Did you know our Low Poly assets offer you a simple system that allows you to adjust the colors easily to your games look’n’feel? Here is how it works:
Our assets use UV maps that maps the individual faces on pixels on a colorscheme texture. So if you want to you can either use the pre-made colorschemes that were shipped with the asset or even customize them to fit your game.
To do that follow these steps:
- Duplicate an existing color texture and rename it like you prefer.
(You can also skip to point 5 and edit the original texture if you don’t want to keep it)
- Make sure to copy the texture import settings from the original texture. (Important: Filter Mode: Point, Format: Truecolor)
- Look for the corresponding material, duplicate it and assign the new texture to the albedo field.
- Now assign the new material to the objects that should feature the new colors.
- After that you can simply open the texture in the image editor of your choice e.g. Photoshop or Paint and edit the individual color chunks.
Now you should be able to adjust all colors like you want.
Want to share your custom colorschemes? Just shoot us a mail or share them with us on one of the social networks and we might add them to the asset.